Inspirational & In-depth Yoga Teacher Trainings
"The true miracle lies in our eagerness to allow, appreciate and honour the uniqueness and freedom of each sentient being to sing the song of their heart."
SOULution Yoga is a registered 200, 300 and 500 hour Yoga Alliance School founded by Bonnie Argo. The teaching faculty is always a dynamic team with vast experience in their respective fields of yoga, anatomy, meditation, philosophy, bodywork, the business of yoga and more. As a result the SOULution Yoga curriculum is comprehensive, creative and collaborative with courses focusing on:
- Sequencing for Vinyasa, Yin and Restorative styles of yoga
- A detailed focus on anatomy to ensure you are prepared to handle any injuries or special requirements your students may have
- AcroYoga to understand how to support students with inversions
- Hands on Assisting with a comprehensive understanding of the intricacies and variables within postural alignment and how to adjust students for the maximum impact and positive success
- Philosophy of eastern and western heritage to inspire your class plans and themes
- Instilling a strong sense of ethics around the sacredness of teaching yoga, and an understanding of the importance of feedback for continued evolution and growth
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Develop your Personal Practice ~ Learn about the Ancient Teachings of Yoga
Embark on the Pathway of Teaching
The SOULution 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program is designed to take your personal yoga practice to a whole new level and provide you with the skill set to be equipped to teach intelligent and inspired yoga classes. This foundational yoga training is guaranteed to offer you a transformational experience. Supported by master teachers, you will gain a deeper understanding of all things yoga, be embraced in a mentorship system to support you on the path to becoming the best version of yourself, and become part of a like-minded community. Having earned a reputation as a training program that graduates skilled, knowledgable and confident teachers we are proud to have many of the trainings graduates on our studio teaching faculty. We believe in practical knowledge and experience during the program to ensure that you feel prepared to embark on the path of teaching.
In particular, our 200 hour program focuses on the following:
- Alignment, benefits & cueing of yoga postures
- Foundational anatomy & physiology
- Functional anatomy for sequencing & alignment
- The science of sequencing vinyasa yoga classes
- Biomechanical approaches to the asana practice
- Teaching to special populations
- Working with injuries
- Hands on alignment & assisting
- Exposure to sequencing multiple genres of yoga
- Confidence to teach through mentored practice teaching
- Yoga history & philosophy
- Cultivation of a powerful voice and precision of language
- Meditation & pranayama techniques
- Seva: community practices
- Building a successful yoga business
- Ethics of being a yoga teacher
- Ability to teach full length classes upon graduation
- Personal empowerment and ownership of strengths
Upcoming 200 Hour Programs:
Early Bird: $3600 (by October 14th)
Late Registration: $3950 (From October 15th)
*Payment Plans available by application (deposit required)
NOVEMBER 17th - December 3rd
SOULution Yoga Studio,
30 Lonsdale Street, Braddon, ACT 2612
The training runs on all dates listed.
Full day schedule commences November 17th.
There are no days off within the intensive.
*This program is run in a non-residential intensive format.
The trainings run on a full day schedule with some variability of start and end times.
Please enquire for specific daily session times breakdown.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
6 Month Modular Program to Escalate your Teaching
July 2017 - January 2018
Expand your Knowledge ~ Elevate your Teaching ~ Grow from Good to Great
The SOULution Yoga 300 hour program is specially formulated to cultivate informed, powerful teachers. Due to the nature of this higher level education for yoga teachers, the training is an interactive environment in which you are guaranteed to see practical growth in your teaching, advance in your physical practice, find an expansion in your understanding of the breadth of philosophy and explore the full spectrum of yoga. Guided by Master Teachers Bonnie Argo, Roz Penfold and Special Guest Teacher Swami Govindananda, you will unveil your next level of yourself as a teacher and gain tools that help you leverage yoga as a profession that you can take to whatever level of sustainability you are looking for.
Our 300 hour program includes content focusing on the following:
- Exploring the next level of understanding Anatomy & Physiology and learning how to practically apply that knowledge within a class environment
- Body Reading and understanding the importance of personalised alignment cues within a group class environment
- Functional movement and sustainable practice with regards to sequencing classes
- Learning Thai Yoga Massage as a tool to enhance hands on assists, and for working with private clients
- Learning AcroYoga and partner practices to enhance your personal inversions and arm balance practice, as well as understanding how to use those skills to support your students growth
- Advanced Hands on Assisting and building confidence assisting postures that are intimidating to adjust
- Advanced Vinyasa Sequencing
- Yoga Philosophy with a focus on Karma, Gyan, Bhakti and an examination of traditional texts and mythology taught by Swami Govindananda
- Energetic Anatomy with a vedic focus including chakra’s, marma’s, nadi’s and understanding how to sequence with a focus on these energetic principles
- Ayurveda, Dinacharya, Kriyas and Bandhas as ways to take yoga off the mat and into your daily routines
- Pranayama and Meditation techniques that you can take into your classes
- Psychology of learning & facilitating powerful learning for your students
- Next level offerings and how to plan and promote workshops, series and more
- Yin Yoga, TCM and Meridian Theories and how to teach Yin
The hours in this training can be combined with your 200 hour Teacher Training to comprise the 500 hour certification recognized by Yoga Alliance. This represents a very high qualification in yoga teaching that is recognised both in Australia and internationally.
Please note that this course is open to all graduates of accredited 200 hour Yoga Teacher Trainings with proof of completion required. An application is required and acceptance to the program will be assessed based on your training background, teaching experience and a determination around whether this training is the right fit for you.
If you have not completed the SOULution Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training and wish to complete the full 300 hour Program, you are required to complete a Conversion Module. If you are unable to attend the Conversion Module you will only be eligible to register for certain modules of the program. Please email us to inquire about Conversion Module dates and cost or with any questions.
Upcoming 300 Hour Program:
Non Residential Weekend & Intensive Program
July 14th 2017 - January 28th 2018
All weekend modules are:
The intensive is 9am-7:30pm each day.
Early Bird: $4999 (before June 23rd)
Late Reg: $5299 (after June 23rd)
A deposit of $1000 is required to hold a space in the program. Payment plans are available by agreement with program coordinators. All payment plans are charged at Late Reg/Full Price.
SOULution Yoga Studio,
30 Lonsdale Street, Braddon, ACT 2612
July 14th-16th, 2017
August 11th-13th, 2017
September 1st-3rd, 2017
October 6th-8th, 2017
October 27th-29th, 2017
November 24th-26th, 2017
December 15th-17th, 2017
January 5th-7th, 2017
January 20th-28th, 2017 (Intensive)
The open modules to certified yoga teachers looking for further education or CEU’s include:
- Functional Anatomy (July 14th-16th, 2017)
- Sacred Teachings - Yoga Philosophy with Swami Govindananda (November 24th-26th, 2017)
- The Art of Teaching Yin Yoga (December 15th-17th, 2017)
For more information, a detailed breakdown of the content/modules or to ask any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Training Application
This application is designed to gain some insight into your practice, and your goals. Please take the time to fill it out with as much detail as you are able, and let us know if you have any questions!
We look forward to supporting you on the journey ahead.